Whether you have played tennis for years or have never picked up a racket, tennis is a sport, regardless of age, that promotes fitness in an engaging and entertaining way. Tennis is a sport that anyone can enjoy! The skills obtained during a tennis lesson with Christoph often become lifelong skills. The benefits of tennis are endless!
Sick of jogging, swimming laps, or riding seemingly endless miles on your bike? Playing tennis offers a way to get in your daily workout while still promoting aerobic endurance, cardiovascular fitness, and most importantly, fun. Playing tennis can relieve stress or offer a new way to enjoy time with friends. It also helps promote a more active lifestyle while easily fitting into any busy schedule. It is never too late to find your spot on the court! Each new tennis skill obtained is an exciting and rewarding experience. Whether you are looking to have fun and stay active or are serious about becoming the pro you know is inside you, tennis is the perfect activity for you!
- Increases Cardiovascular fitness: It helps in burning fat and improving your cardiovascular fitness and maintaining higher energy levels. Since it is a high intensity sport, it helps your heart to pump the blood more efficiently.
- Increases body strength: It is also a very high impact sport which involves a lot of exertion and movement. This increases your hand and leg strength. The high impact nature of the sport results in stronger bones and toned muscles.
- Increases general body coordination: It is indeed a sport that involves the entire body coordination. You have to move into position and then adjust your upper body and feet, and transfer body weight to hit the ball successfully. This increases your reflexes and gives you the ability to accelerate quickly.
- Increases Flexibility: It involves a constant movement which results in making your body more flexible and more stretchable.
- Extremely good for weight loss: This sport is perfect for someone who is tired to go to the gym and wants to try something different. Men can burn up to 560 calories an hour, women up to 420 calories an hour.
- Develops discipline: You cannot practice tennis once a month; you have to practice regularly. This makes you more disciplined in your approach towards the game.
- Plan and implement strategies: Tennis is all about reading the opponent's next move. You will learn how to anticipate an opponent's moves and plan your countermoves. This will help you in your day-to-day life too.
- Learn sportsmanship: Tennis teaches you to compete fairly with opponents. It will teach you values such as teamwork, friendship, competitiveness etc.
- Develop social skills: Tennis is a community game; No wonder there are many tennis club around. You will meet a lot of people through interaction and communication at the court. This will develop your social skills and increase your confidence
- Accommodate stress effectively Tennis is a game that will help you fight the physical, mental and emotional stress. The game teaches you how to handle stress effectively. On the other hand, it is also a stress buster.
Facts about tennis…
- Over 75 Million people play tennis worldwide.
- In the past decade the amount of people playing tennis has grown by 46%, making it the fastest growing sport in America.
- Playing singles for one hour burns approximately 600 calories in men and 420 calories in women.
- recreational tennis players (aged 23 to 69 years) have a significantly lower percentage of body fat than non tennis players.